Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I often wonder if I am the only one concerned with how fast time SEEMS to be going. Yes, there are still 24 hours in a day and 168 hours in a week, I get that. Yet somehow we blink and lose track of time.

Here we are at the beginning of 2012 already. The world scrambles to make resolutions and a to do list containing 100 things they are going to do this year. I admit, I am guilty of doing this year after year. Sure it's ok to have goals but I encourage you to stop waiting for tomorrow, next year, your birthday, the summer, when you lose weight, when you're rich, etc to START living.

2011 was a year of lessons. I learned BIG lessons and not so big ones but they all got me HERE. One lesson I seem to keep learning is to slow down. I am still working on this but I am at a better place with this goal than I was on January 1, 2011. Although I mentioned this before, the biggest lesson I learned was to take risks.
I found myself in a Women's Empowerment Workshop this year hosted by Katie Lemieux. I found myself taking plus size pictures with Mystic to start a portfolio. I tried out for a plus size fashion show. I was reminded as to what love is (and what it is not). I became a vegan. Most importantly, I remembered how magnificent and wonderful I am and should NEVER be around people who fail to recognize my greatness.
  
As 2012 begins, I am grateful for all of these lessons. I am wishing farewell to negativity, meat and several people. I am better off without you.

In 2012, I hope you find what you are looking for. Remember happiness and love start from within. If you fail to remind yourself of this often, you will lose yourself (quickly).

For the first time ever, I have chosen to have only one "resolution":

Do things that make ME happy. That's my big picture. The end all and be all.

As for my followers, supporters, and haters, I thank you. I'm up to BIG things in 2012 and you only motivate me to keep going.

Cheers to 2012!

Much love from Jackieonappy.

In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy. -- David Steindl-Rast

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh girl. We are in perfect alignment. I'm digging this. I just love tour energy. Keep on my sister. You will get to where you are going. I'm walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tell them sis!!! Every time I read your blogs I feel like I can rule the world lol. They are always so encouraging and motivating. I'm right being you on saying farewell to negativity and hello to BIG things in 2012. Let's make it happen sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out girl! I am proud of you, keep rocking and rolling, you are going to take off pretty soon, so strap yourself in because you are going for the ride of your life. BTW I am doing the workshop again and look forward to empowering people and helping them achieve their goals. People can contact me at my email Katie@LemieuxSolutionsUnlimited.com

    ReplyDelete